Chicken - 1/2 kg
Onions finely chopped - 4
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Khus khus (Poppy seeds) - 2 tsp (soak for 1 hour and grind it to a fine paste)
Coconut freshly ground - 1/2 cup
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Tomato blanched and pureed - 2
Oil - 5-6 tbsp
Warm water - 2 cup
Curry leaves - 6-7
Salt - to taste
For dry grind - coarsely ground
Green cardamom - 2
Black cardamom - 1
Cinnamon - 1 inch
black cumin - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
Bay leaf - 1
1. Take oil in a deep and heavy bottomed karahi.
2. Put curry leaves and all the coarsely ground dry masala in it.
3. Add onions and fry it until golden.
4. Put ginger- garlic paste and fry until it changes colour.
5. Put khus khus and fry for 5 minutes, add ground coconut and fry until brown.
6. Put red chilli powder and tomato puree, saute for a while.
7. Add chicken and fry till oil separates and the masala has turned to a pure golden colour.
8. Put garam masala, salt and water and cook on a slow flame till the chicken is tender.
9. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with rice, rumali roti or naan.