Rice - 1 cup
Milk - 1 + 1/2 cup
Jaggery grated - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cashew nut - 6-7
Grated coconuts/ flakes - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup + 1 cup to boil rice
1. Cook the rice in 1 cup water and 1/2 cup of milk until
it is cooked nicely and is mushy, you can add more
water to cook the rice if it's needed.
2. Melt the jaggery into 1/4 cup of water until it reaches
3. Take a kadhai with ghee in it and light fry the cashews
and coconut flake into it separately, keep some for garnishing.
4. Add 1 cup milk in the rice and mix it well, add the
melted jaggery too and keep stirring it to avoid burning.
5. Add the cardamom powder, roasted coconut and cashews,
cook on low flame until it's thick and all mixed well. You
can add some more milk if it's too thick.
6. Garnish it with the remaining nuts and serve it hot.
Enjoy the essence of Onam with this sumptuous delight.