Rice flour - 2 cups
black gram dal (skinned) flour ( udad dal dhuli ) - 1 cup
Moong dal flour ( green gram dal skinned ) - 1 cup
Bengal gram flour (besan) - 1 cup
Sesame seed ( til) - 2 tbsp
Carom seeds (ajwain) - 1 tsp
Cumin seed (jeera) - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida ( hing ) - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3/4 cup + for frying
Water - for kneading the dough
1. Take a big bowl and mix all the flours, add sesame
seeds, carom, cumin, red chilli powder, asafoetida, salt
and 3/4 cup of oil. Mix it nicely.
2. Add water gradually and make a soft dough, the
consistency of the dough should be like parantha dough,
cover and keep it for 1/2 an hour.
3. Take a small amount of dough, make a sylindrical shape
and put it inside the chakli maker, close it.
4. Spread a parchment paper or foil paper on a smooth surface
and make some round chaklis on the foil paper beforehand.
5. Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan or karahi with oil in it,
the oil should not be too hot.
6. Deep fry the chaklis till it gets golden brown on both the
sides on low heat, do not fry it on high heat other wise it
will remain uncooked.
7. Make all, take it out on a big plate and when it comes
to room temperature store it in an air tight container.