All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
Butter - 100
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Coffee - 1 tbsp
Eggs - 3
Water hot - 1 tbsp
Coffee Icing -
Butter - 60 gm
Icing sugar - 3/4 cup
Cofee - 1 tbsp
Hot water - 1 tbsp
Chocolate spread or chocolate sauce.
1. Grease and line a baking dish, preheat the oven.
2. Sift flour and baking powder.
3. Take a big bowl, add sugar and butter into it and whisk it
until pale and fluffy.
4. In an another bowl put the eggs and beat it with a fork for
5. Add the eggs in the butter mix alternating with the flour,
putting one tablespoon at a time, make sure all the flour is
6. Add rest of the flour and fold in gently.
7. Dissolve coffee in 1 tbsp of boiling water and fold in the
8. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tray and put to
bake for about 20-25 minutes or until its cooked, when inserted with a skewer it should come out clean.
9. Take it out from the baking dish after few minutes and
let it cool down on a wire rack before icing.
Coffee icing -
1.Take a bowl and cream the butter and sugar, beating it with
an electrical mixture, until light and fluffy.
2. Dissolve the coffee in 1 tbsp lukewarm water and mix it
in the icing.
To decorate -
1. Take a serving plate and put the cake on it, take a sharp knife and slice the cake into two parts horizontally.
2. Spread the chocolate spread generously over it.
3. Sandwich both the parts and spread the coffee icing on top
and sides of the cake liberally, sprinkle choco chips over it.
4. Re-fridge it for a while before serving this delicious cake!!!