All purpose flour- 1 1/2 cup
Sugar castor or fine granulated - 2 tbsp
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Egg yolk - 1
Butter - 100 g
For Filling -
Milk - 1 1/2 cup
Egg yolk - 4
Castor or fine sugar - 5 - 6 tbsp/ to taste
Dark cooking chocolate - 1 cup
Cream - 100 g
Custard powder - 1 tbsp
Cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
1. Take a big bowl and put the flour, sugar and cocoa powder in it.
2. Cut the butter in cubes and add it to the bowl and mix it
with your finger tips until it resembles bread crumbs.
3. Add 1 egg yolk and mix it thoroughly.
4. Add 4-5 tbsp ice water to bind it in a tight dough, can be
added extra 1-2 tbsp to bind it if it's not coming through.
5. Form it into a round disc and keep it in a fridge for 1/2 to
6. Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius, grease a 9" pie tin
nicely with butter.
7. Take out the disc from the fridge and roll it on a lightly
floured surface, it should be enough thick and long to line
the base and sides of the 9" pie tin, trim the extra edges
with a sharp knife, take a fork and press it around the
edges to make a design. Place it in the fridge for 15 min.
8. Take it out and place it on the oven tray. Line the pastry
with baking paper and fill with rice or beans for blind
baking. Bake it in the preheated oven for 10 minutes,
remove the beans and bake for further 5 min or until
cooked through. Reduce the heat to 150.
Preparing Filling -
1. Take the milk in a saucepan, Combine the yolks, custard
powder, sugar, chocolate and place it over low heat, add
the cream after few minutes.
2. Cook whisking it continuously for 10 minutes until the
chocolate melts and the custard starts to thicken.
3. Remove from heat, pour it over the pastry case. Bake it
over for 10 minutes or custard is set nicely, do not over bake.
Take it out before the custard is over baked and start's bubbling.
4. Remove from oven and keep it to cool, when it comes to
room temperature, place it in the fridge to chill.
5. Serve it with whipped cream.....n surprise ur Valentine with
this marvelous....beautifully presented....CHOCOLATE PIE!!!!