Dear friends, I wanted to share this recipe with you all for
a simple reason as it is a very easy recipe to start with and
secondly, apples are plenty in the market and what's more,
they are cheaper than onions at this time of the year :-))
I am sure my friends who are vegetarian will be delighted
to make this pudding as it is an egg-less recipe and if you
are expecting guests at home and do not have too much time
on hand, then this is the recipe you should look out for. It is a
no fuss recipe, doesn't require too much ingredients or time
and comes out as impressive and tasty as any other time
consuming recipe would. So Happy baking to you all.
Apples - 800g (6 -7)
Sugar granulated - 120g
Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp
Rolled oats - 2-3 tbsp
All purpose flour (maida) - 200g
Butter - 110g
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
Whipped cream or plain custard - 1 med bowl
1. Peel, core and wash the apples and slice it in even chunks.
2. Take a deep pan, put the apple chunks, brown sugar, 2 tbsp
of the granulated sugar, cinnamon stick and put it on gas,
keep stirring and allow it to cook for 10 -15 minutes on
medium heat until the apples are soft and tender and the
water it has released, dries little bit.
3. In a big bowl take the flour, remaining sugar, oats and mix
it nicely, cut the butter in cubes and mix it to the flour
mixture gradually with your fingers until it is thoroughly
mixed and the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Take apples off the heat and let it come to room temperature.
5. Take an oven proof baking dish, grease it with butter,
remove the cinnamon stick, spread the apples evenly into it.
6. Spread the flour crumble over the apples gently without
pressing it down.
7. Bake it for 20-30 minutes at 180 degree on the lower rack
until the crumble is golden brown at the top and the
syrupy apples are bubbling at the bottom.
8. Serve it hot with whipped cream or plain custard and enjoy
this yummilicious delight.
For whipped cream, take one pack ( 200g) Amul cream
in a bowl, add 3-4 tbsp granulated sugar and whip it with
electric blender and while blending keep the bowl of cream
over a bigger bowl which is filled with ice to speed the process.